Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: You've just gotta love the 'Little Old Ladies' (3/4 size or smaller vintage machine)

Blog Entries

You've just gotta love the 'Little Old Ladies' (3/4 size or smaller vintage machine)

First a Singer 99
    This one is out of a bent wood case - the bottom came unglued and is getting repaired. The wires were clipped so I have to decide whether to put a hand crank on it or come up with a motor, pedal and wires.
    Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 013.JPG
Views: 2972
Size:  127.7 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Do feel free to add a picture of you 3/4 size old lady.
    The next is a couple of 185 machines. The tan one is in exceptionally good condition and the green one is in exceptionally bad condition. My sister sent these to me a couple weeks ago. She worked very hard on the green one but never got the missing tension on it. Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 012.JPG
Views: 2960
Size:  129.6 KBName:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 019.JPG
Views: 2823
Size:  128.4 KB
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Next is a Domestic - I picked her up at shopgoodwill thanks to Melinda. This machine is in excellent condition and is very light weight. I also posted pictures of her on the vintage photo page.
    Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 032.JPG
Views: 2942
Size:  133.5 KB

Love the 3/4's
    I have 3 krinkle 128's and supposedly a nice flowery one (the Italian spelling one ) on the way.. that one is for my Daughter.

Then I have a pair of 99's waiting cleaning and restoration

I considered bidding on a 185, but I think I have reached the limit as defined SWMBO

Blog Entries
    Next up is an Alden. It is a 3/4 size Japanese 15. I love this machine. It is heavy but it doesn't go anywhere. This one is a keeper for sure. Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 069.JPG
Views: 3434
Size:  131.9 KB

Blog Entries
    I totally forgot what this one is. I think it is a Singer 128. It is in very good shape - some wear on some decals. Clean up was a breeze. This one turns like nobody's business. It will for sure be a great little hand crank machine soon. Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 059.JPG
Views: 3007
Size:  130.4 KB

Blog Entries
    I can not leave out my little Spartan. This one is souped up - it has a light. Mostly the Spartan didn't come with much. I have used it to piece. Works great. Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 137.JPG
Views: 2863
Size:  131.7 KB

Blog Entries
    I also found a Cinderella. Cute little beast. Her 'pumpkin' (case) smells like it has been stored in a musty place. She has the same throat plate, slide plate and tension plate as my full sized Japanese 15. I just got the slide plate from my sister's stash of junk parts. More info on this machine is on the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell #33315 would be the start Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 097.JPG
Views: 3069
Size:  133.1 KB

I got a picture thread here on how I dressed my naked 99. Dummy me I forgot to bookmark it.
    The gist of the thread is that I bought a motor, wiring, foot controller kit, and a light kit from Sew-Classic and assembled it.
    Kind of like a kit. It works great.

I've got another that will eventually be put back in running condition as a hand crank.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Of course another little machine would be a Singer Featherweight - this one is in pretty sad shape. It is missing a few parts, rusty in a couple places and finish is missing - lots of dirt - a project when good weather, several parts and time eclipse. Name:  three quarter size sewing machines 4-7-12 116.JPG
Views: 2922
Size:  132.6 KB

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast