View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM
zz-pd
Banned

Originally Posted by Barbm
I was trying to think of what I've done that stands out- I try to be nice to everyone (my coworker says I'm TOO nice) and make them feel special.

But I was thinking- about 3 weeks ago I helped a couple. They are both disabled, he walks with a cane and doesn't get around well. She has diabetes and heart problems. I got a call from a friend who is a mortgage broker- they were signing a gas lease and would get a big sign on bonus, with which they would pay off their mortgage. Problem- they are in foreclosure proceedings. Gas co. wants a subordination. they have these docs- so I sit down with them and help them. They send it in- they are waiting. Yesterday they get more docs from the lender- do they want to modify their mortgage? We sat down for an hour and I helped them fill them out and made copies for them.

I know they are not the cleanest or richest people, but they are salt of the earth- they will pay it forward because that's the kind hearted people they are. And it felt good knowing I could help them and they didn't have to pay someone or have someone take advantage of them.

(But the gas co. decided they won't wait for the subordination and has decided not to pay the sign on bonus- grrr.)

And I do this because once upon a time I too was divorced, unemployed with 3 little ones and my sister stepped up to the plate and provided Christmas for them- including outfits. She knows she can ask for the world and I would give it to her because she came through for me. (Oh, I went to the Salvation Army that year to get a toy for each of my kids. I went to the door- saw the people and said- I can't do it- they need it more than me.)

Another little one- in line at Wal-Mart- mom in front of me was short about 5.00 for her bill. She told her kids they had to put back a box of locally made pizza (my kids love it too). I said to the girl quickly- wait- let me pay for it and you take it home. She didn't want to accept it- but I told her I know how kids love it- and she took it. She must have thanked my 10 times and the kids were so excited.

I try to be good- sometimes I have to work real hard to get Evil Barb to stay quiet. (that's what I call myself if I am teetering on the edge of being nasty)
Barb you are wonderful and pay it forward in many ways including sending me quilting things so I can learn to quilt. if it was not for you and some other ladies, my joy of quilting would still be sitting in my heart and head instead of coming out on fabric. God bless. Penny