Thread: My experiment
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:42 AM
quiltluvr

Just a little something I've been doodling with. I just work on it a little here and there. I have all the rows sewn, now have to join them all. It'll be 16 rows when done.

Right now it's about 30 1/2" W x 25 1/2" L.

Need some ideas too. What I first planned out isn't gonna work so I'm a little stuck. I decided to put a white tone on tone 2 or 3 inch (finished) border then another, followed by a 4 inch (finished) navy with white pin dots. I already picked out the those two. It's the middle that I'm not sure what I want to go with. I was thinking maybe a scrappy pieced, varied lengths, in colors that read more solid (?), maybe 2 inches wide finished?

Believe me, I messed this up so bad and so much but I'm keeping every imperfection this time, as a learning guide. Sure has taught me a lot. Reading how and doing it are two different things to me, but I'm really glad I tried this. There was no pattern, just me and some paper doing some math.

Oh, the back, I decided to piece also with three fabrics (whatever I pick from what I have here at home.) Looking at my figures and sketches, may have to alter it here or there.

It'll be in the neighborhood of 46" W X 57" L, when completed, if I'm looking at the right measurement.

Thanks for looking. (Attempting to post my first picture too.)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-16499.jpe