View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Lisa773

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
my mom, whom I hated when I was 13 to 18 and then loved as if there were tomorrow after that. And then one day, there was no tomorrow. April 25 th, today would have been my parents 68 wedding aniversery. She left us for a much loftier place on April 27 th, 1989. She was the wsame age I am now. I cry even all this time that has passed. Dad decided that he was not staying here without so he passed away about 10 years later. But my parents, especialy my mom, were all Polish and I loved every minute of it. The grand children, my son and daughter would roar with laughter when they would pinch their fingers in a door and "mom-mom" would kiss them, dirt and all and asked them.. Ahhh did you hurt your little nunners".. She and her 3 sisters had words for various parts of the body that the CIA would never know what they meant. Everytime I hit my finger and catch them in something, I get this big smile as I remember her kissing my little "nunners" to make them better. Wow, thank you to whome ever came up with this today. You made me smile and I so needed it. Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Blue (but not sad)
My Mom passed away April 9, 2006 and I know exactly what you mean. The pain and sadness lessens, but never goes away. She used to refer to a pinched finger as "finners."
She also used to scold us for touching something or someone we shouldn't have by saying..."if you touch that again, I'll break your arm off and beat you with it." With 7 brothers and sisters, someone had to be in control! She was it.
She loved us all unconditionally, and we were never too old to be rocked in her arms. I know this for a fact, as she once sat in the rocking chair and rocked me in her arms when I was a married adult. She reveled in our joy and wept for our sadness.
I adored her and miss her more than I can say. God bless our Moms! Cherish them!
Enough now, the screen is blurry and my glasses have fogged up! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all.