Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
I was quite supprised(happy) with the answer you gave me on the M.I.J. machine, I showded you. I took off all of the plates except the gold "DELUXE" plate (it has rivits). I took plenty of pictures of all angels. I found the sereal #K7101238.
Your machine was built by the Koyo Sewing Machine Company in Japan and like I said before it is one of only a few that left the factory unbadged. Quite a rare piece of history there. Your machine was probably made around 1953 give or take a year or two.

Koyo merged with Seiko (Koyo-Seiko) and then eventually took the Seiko name completely. Then at sometime they subcontracted the industrial machines to S.K. Sharma and Sons in India and eventually the entire Seiko line including the domestics were made by them. Right now I would say about 3/4 of the Japanese machines are made in India right now.

S.K. Sharma is one of the largest "Japanese 15" manufacturer in the world. And almost all of their machines are going to third world or under developed countries in treadles.

If your machine had the "SK" trademark then it would have been made by Koyo-Seiko.

I hope this helps you out a little with the Japanese machine. Just make sure you take good care of it!!

Here is a close up of my Singer model 99-13,That's the model number on the book I got with it, as well as all of the attachments. The sieral # reads AD626938..........Sears/Kenmore model 158-10301 Serial # 0027654. It's in a white plastic case with molded in roses on both sides,
Okay now for the Singer, it was allotted on April 10, 1934 and only 10,000 was made for that run. for a Singer that was a very short run and yours is towards the first part of the run at that.

Your Kenmore is is a Model 1030 and it was made between the years of 1970-1971 by Jaguar. They also badged machines for the White Sewing Machine Company during this time.

Billy