Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
This thread has re-piqued my interest in antique sewing machines. I've been scouring CL for a good deal on a Singer 221 FW. If I can't find this one as my top choice, what would you reccommend as #2, #3, etc. on the list. I kinda have my heart set on the 221 FW tho, but I don't want to spend 3 or 4 hundred dollars on one either. I know everyone will have their favorites, so it will be interesting to see how you would rank them. I know Billy will have treadles at the top of his list, lol.
HI, I am not in anyway an expert but I have been bitten by this Vintage Bug. The VB has led me to read tons of information. In addition to some of the others I have collected I bought a Singer 15-91. Its reputation is terrific and it is what I plan to do my piecing on. The owner of it kept it in pristine shape as well as the cabinet and little backless bench that came with it. Probably circa 1950s, Oh yeah, bought it off of Craigslist. Don't know who that guy is but he sure provided a great service for all of us!

:P