Old 04-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Lacelady, yes I meant that I shall try to use the same colour as my sashing, a bit like the one that is on the board at the moment, but a) it means taking my blocks to the shop to lay them on loads of trial colours and b) even worse having to buy fabric. So far I have managed to buy just a few fat quarters, and if I use plain triangles my stash will go further on the blocks. It seems that we are working along the same lines.
LOL, great minds think alike, Sarah. I have just got a warmer batik for cornerstones and binding, just to add a little bit of colour, and that will do me. Have you considered somewhere like Thousands of bolts for your sashing if cash is a consideration, they seem to have good prices to me, but then all of the USA prices seem good to me compared to what's in the shops here. Even with shipping, USA prices are often cheaper. What is more, I have never seen a price reduction on fabric in my LQS in the almost 10 years she has been trading. I don't even recall her having a general sale.