Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If the foot pedal is the air tube, buy clear tubing from a hardware store and slit it open lengthwise to slip over the foot control tube. I dropped a rotary cutter and it cut the tube. I had to buy a new foot control.
Thanks BellaBoo for the additional positive review. Since I have no idea what you mean by "air tube" I don't think I have that. I really like the foot pedal - it is metally, industrial looking and very smooth.

OK - lesson #2: When changing the foot, make sure the stitch you select actually works with that foot OOOOOOR you break the needle - lol

I played all evening and had a good time. She is a little louder than my other machines and some of that may be new machine syndrome. With a few hours under her belt, she may run smoother.

She sure has a nice selection of feet and the 1/4" foot is scant. (tried that last night). So far, there is more to like than dislike. I told Pat that I need to do a "real" project - not just sew like mad on scraps. He said he dreamt that I sewed slip covers for EVERYTHING in the house - even the bed. It had pockets for the pillows. ROFL.

Here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23208.jpe   attachment-23209.jpe