Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by TEXMEXGAL
i loved your orangepeel quilt, could i ask u for the pattern and the size of your blocks please...i liked the larged one..... could u send it to me at [email protected]..... thank u very much.....libby
Hi Libby! Thank you for loving my orange peel charm! As I mentioned in the introduction on the first page, the blocks finish at 2" (so you would cut 2.5" blocks) and the pattern is posted on the 1st page right after the pic of mini #2. The leaves and blocks are all the same size for both minis. Just rt. click on the pattern piece and save the link to your files. I will send you the pattern piece by email if that doesn't work for you. JFYI, it's best not to post your email addy online but just send a PM (private message) to the person you want by clicking on their name and clicking on "send a PM" so the whole wide world doesn't get your address. Use wisdom and be cautious :D ! I am so excited you're going to make this mini! I just really love it too and learned from my mistakes with this one. The next time I do another orange peel, I will sew the whole grid together first and then applique the leaves last. This allows you to see your margins better for the tips to come together more precisely. Also, another trick I did was turn some of my foundation pieces to the wrong side. This is really effective if you want to minimize some of the prints you are using in order to show up the orange peel better. I did piece the blocks together first and appliqued the leaves last on this mini, but I wish now I would have sewn all the rows together first and appliqued the leaves on then. But each quilt is a learning lesson with the different blocks. Wishing you success on your mini and PM me if you have questions or need me to email all the info you need. Thanks again, Libby, I'm looking forward to seeing you post your creation of Orange Peel! :-D :-D :-D