Old 05-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Elizabeth A.

I have been so busy! I finished up the stars for my heart quilt three or four days ago, and was looking at the layout for the quilt that I'd planned trying to see how many more heart blocks I needed to make.

In retropect my notes are very clear 16 done, with 10 hatch marks showinga total of 26 done. Underneath is the 10 crossed out and then 8 crossed out next to my "in work" And last in my line is the 13 stars marked off as done.

Well somehow when I went back to look at my layout I had it in my head I only had 18 done... So that day I mumbled all day long about thinking I'd made more than that. But even my sister assured me 18 done meant 18 more to do. So I've worked like a crazy person, creating my "chains" of halfsquare triangles, one chain per block I thought I needed.

Then last night as I was adding the 11 blocks I made that day, my box that holds them was very full. So I added the new ones, and thought okay I'll just count them... 37! The quilt blocks are done! Wow, and here I have 8 or 9 ready to sew that are now extra... I just need to sew two stars and one heart for the two double sided pillows I want to make. Hu, how about that.

It doesn't even feel real.