View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Sis

Location: Born a SE Ohio Buckeye,now a Middle Tennessee Volunteer

My mom had me hand sewing @ 5 y.o. & using her Elna by 7y.o. with supervision,of course. I had 9 yrs of 4-H sewing & 4years of H.S. Home Ec. So I have made way too many projects over the years to remember but I'll mention the few I can.
1.Made my Sr. prom dress and finished it an hour before going to the event. (The procrastinator in me is ALWAYS at work, just not on time)
Married in 1978- husband is retired military now, 2 sons, both are college grads & active duty Army(23y.o. in aviation,24 y.o. being redeployed in Aug.) NO STRESS IN MY LIFE,HUH?

2.First quilting project was an appliqued baby quilt for my 1st nephew 27 years ago.
Have been an LPN for 30 yrs. & an elementary school nurse for the past 10 yr. with 725 children/year.

3.I love to "collect" fabric and look at my collection (ok, stash) and visualize pieces in many different projects without cutting one piece.
My mom-in-law rekindled my quilting interest a few yrs ago. Each of her 17 children, 47 grans and 20+ great-grans have been blessed w/ at least 1 of her hand-quilted quilts.(Too much for me to ever live up to.) She always has a quilt in the frame to be stitched on by whoever stops in to help.

4.I have made numerous pairs of curtains (kitchen,bedroom) and recently a camouflage purse for my son's girlfriend.
I have been blessed to find a group of ladies who share my love of quilting & community service- Prayer Squares/Quilts ministry which has helped my "empty nest "blues. They are great mentors!!!

I so enjoy the cameraderie expressed on this site. It's so "unique" (with Tim's quirky sense of humor) and input from others.