Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM
burnsk

Hmmm...... I probably shouldn't even post this message yet because I only have a story to tell and don't have any pertinent information. I won't for a month. But here goes anyway - it's late at night and this is the time I usually tell the kids old time stories when we gather together. So it's late at night here and I'm going to tell you all a story. Quite a while ago our uncle broke up housekeeping (he was in his 80's and a confirmed bachelor from the old days). There was an old sewing machine that was my grandmother's and no one in the family wanted it. I said, "Hey, I'll take that". Didn't have any idea what it was other than a sewing machine. Just knew that was in a wooden cabinet, considered portable, and heavier than "haites", feels like 20 lbs. It sat for a long time in my sewing area and I had a brilliant thought one night. I have my first ever made sampler quilt hanging in a hallway across from the "loo" and thought it would look nice sitting under that quilt - right - my first quilt and my grandma's sewing machine under it. Well, I have to tell you, that was the worst idea I ever could have had. The next night, on one of my mad dashes to the "room", forgetting about that little addition on the floor, I slammed right into it and broke 2 toes. Needless to say, that "box" was relegated to the farthest space in the house and I haven't set eyes on it since. After reading this blog I am determined to dig it out and find out what it is. Hopefully I'll be able to post some information here and find out if it is something that I might be able to use. Don't know if it's the machine that weighs so much or if it's the cabinet that it's encased in. It's not much bigger than a feather-weight in the black case.

After reading all these posts, I'm anxious to get it out now. Thanks for creating this place. I'll bring my cappuccino machine next time I stop by.