Old 04-30-2010, 05:20 AM
BKrenning

If you are talking about the machines that are more than 12", made specifically for quilting--I think most & possibly all are made in the USA. It's too expensive to ship them--ask our Canadian members. I think the B-Line 18 is the only one made in Canada that they can easily & affordably get their hands on.

Hinterberg's Voyager & Indigo are made here, Nolting's Fun Quilter and all their other professional machines are made here, Gammill, A-1, APQS, Pennywinkle, KenQuilt, ABM Innova, Tin Lizzie, Homesteader, Wow quilter, Bailey quilter and probably several others.

If you're talking about the 9-12" machines that are currently on the market like the Janomes, Pfaff, Husqvarna, Babylock, Brother, Juki and Berninas--I don't know.

Also note that some of the above mentioned machines start life as something else and are "stretched" to give more quilting area. The original machine could have been a foreign made Toyota, Juki, Tacsew who knows what but after the lengthening process and re-skinning it--do you call it "American Made?" It is American "Re"Made.