View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:10 AM
omak

I will be starting on the "tutorial" at 9 am (Pacific) time.
Question ... shall I upload as soon as I take a picture or shall I take the pictures and then upload all of them at one time?
Which would be more beneficial for y'all?
Good job on that last quilt, by the way.
And, I had a bummer moment this morning.
I got into my "stash" and found a cowboy jelly roll, purchased from a local quilt store ... purchased before I understood that a jelly roll SHOULD consist of 40 strips ... Well! I own 33 strips :-( - - oh, well, not a problem ... I have two options cut more strips from my western fabric (which I own half the company <g>) ... or just work with the jelly roll and see what we end up with.
I am thinking just work with the jelly roll ... I mean, all we need is the pictoral concept, right? <g> and something else I discovered when I pulled the jelly roll out of its hiding place:
Commercially produced jelly rolls have pinked edges, which lessens the amount of fraying on the edges while stored. Now, we do have pinked blades to do such work with ... so, lesson learned - -
check the number of strips in a jelly roll
AND!
Use a pinked rotary cutter blade when cutting strips OR use the roll as soon as you have cut the strips with your normal cutter blade.
Input? <wave>