Thread: 6" x 24" ruler
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Bobbinwinder

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by carrieg
I use the Creative Grids. The yellow ones make me cross-eyed! I use the 6 1/2 by 24 1/2. I just broke off a corner recently so replaced it with an 8 1/2! That comes in real handy.
My rulers are Creative Grids, for the most part. When I diverge from them, I curse myself later. Joann's doesn't carry them (at least in my area) but some LQSs do.
Creative Grids are my personal favorites too! Love the way the anti-slip dots don't come into play until you're ready to cut!
I also appreciate the thinner black marked lines. I've got many sizes of this brand and am always looking to add some of their specialty rulers too. I have my heart set on their largest square and will eventually convince myself to part with the wad of cash that it costs. My longest is the 6.5 x 24.5....couldn't function without it for projects that need yardage. I tend to use the smallest ruler that will get the job done while providing enough "landing" space for my "holding" hand (left)....so I really didn't need the squares smaller than the 6.5. If I could only have two rulers....heaven forbid....the 12.5 square and the 6.5 x 24.5....Creative Grids brand, of course! Next two would be the 4.5 x 12.5 and the 6.5 square.