Old 04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
OdessaQuilts

Today I received a F8 from JaneCat and it is just beautiful; I can't wait to work with it.

Have to tell you all what happened when I went to the Post Office this afternoon to mail my F8's. I had taken so much time to press the fabric, cut it, fold it, insert into zippy bags, address envies, etc., etc., etc. I took all 35 to the post office in a big cloth bag, but had not sealed any of the envelopes (thinking if it was too thick to make the 1/4" allowance, I would come home, remove from the packaging, press the snot out of each one, re-package, then return to mail them all). Smart, right?

Wellllllllllllll.........I grabbed ONE envelope and went in, requesting the amount for mailing. The lady behind the counter told me 98 cents. I was a little flabbergasted, since that meant the envelope had to weigh more than 3.4 oz. each! Well, I bought 35 stamps at 98 cents each. Makes sense, right?

I left, and got about 1/4 mile down the street and was stopped at a light and decided to look at the stamp. It was lovely and I of course did not have my glasses on so I could not see the price on it right away. Here I am, angling the card with all these stamps on it to determine where the pricing was and then I saw it: they all had little AIRPLANES on them next to the price.

Ding! The light bulb above my head went on -- these were all AIR MAIL stamps! Then I grabbed the envelope I had taken with me and sure enough it was the only one that had to go overseas! Yikes!

Fortunately, Essexville is a tiny little town, so I turned around and went right back to the post office. It took 2 ladies working the computer to figure out how to void out the transaction and then refund my money before we determined that I only needed ONE airmail stamp and 34 regular, first-class stamps.

Then, of course, when I told them how it was that I had brought them that one particular envelope, I make the statement, "what are the odds?" Well, DUH! The odds are one in 35, you idiot!

If I wanted to take a mass mailing again with only one envelope that had to go overseas, I would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS be able to pull out just that one overseas envelope without pawing through the whole stack!

I just thought you might all get a chuckle out of my trials and tribulations at the local post office. I know I did!

Happy weekend everyone!

Odessa