Old 04-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Originally Posted by King's Daughter
We have two cats, both of which are probably considered short-haired, but one of them has the thickest coat I've ever seen and she sheds continuously. She just explodes when you touch her, so we brush her ALL the time, mostly out of self-defense. And she loves it. No matter how much we brush, we end up with enough fur to make another cat. However, after a good long brushing session, you can pretty much predict that she'll go after the other cat. Not sure what goes on their little brains...
Sounds like one of my in-laws' cats. He's a persian, and there's twice as much fur as there is cat, I'm not even joking. His tail is as puffy as his whole body. He needs to be brushed pretty often because they let him go out in the back yard and he gets pick picks in his fur sometimes, or leaves, or whatever. He doesn't LIKE having his fur brushed, you kind of have to hold him down, but that's the price he pays for getting to go outside. And no matter how many times a week you brush this guy, there's more fur where that comes from, you really could build a whole new cat with his fur...
I have one long hair (house cat), and one short hair (siamese), and both LOVE getting their fur brushed. Neither of them really needs it, the siamese doesn't have long fur at all, and my other house cat has like rabbit fur. It doesn't tangle or anything. I brush her because I'd rather not pick up hair balls...
The only thing is that we have to use two different brushes on our cats... our siamese has short hair, and the prickly bristles of the regular cat brush is way too rough for her skin.