Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but I see you guys are so knowledgeable about machines. On our local Kijiji there are always lots of "sewing machines", some vintage, some not, what kind of price would be a good one, I feel I'm loosing out on alot not knowing if they're good deals or not. There is one, it's not vintage, but it's a Kenmore Selling Kenmore 16 stitch Sewing machine & sewing table , button hole attachment, 3 drawers full of accessories,& material, Reason for selling I'm moving...the cabinet looks like it's in awesome shape, she's asking 175.00 for the cabinet and machine, whatcha think???
Well this is really for the vintage machines (1850's to early 1970's) but maybe we can help you here.

Depending on the type of machine your after the price kinda differs. Treadles are usually a tad bit more (I think because to the seller old=$$$) but anything $100 and under is always good depending on the rarity. Any Japanese 15 is a good investment and they are a cheap to get into. I paid $20 for my Universal 15 in a mint Maple cabinet. FW's go for around $250 or so, but it is hard to give a value on something like this because of your location.

Some machines my be very plentiful and therefore not expensive but where I live they could be super hard to come by and the price is through the roof.

Pay what you feel is a good price and your happy with.

Billy