Old 04-30-2010, 04:17 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by dljennings
Originally Posted by rivka
if you are at work and you are on line doing non work related things it is theft of time. period....
Surely you wouldn't have an issue with people getting online during their break?

Frankly, I find a 10 or 15 minute break looking around online to let my brain cool down and relax every few hours makes me a better worker.
yes, i would, because there's always one person who can't seem to tell time when they go on line, and take 20-25 minutes, now everyone else wants that....

it you're at work & want a break, take it..away from your computer...walk around, stretch & be back when you're supposed to be...because the people who have to cover while your "on break on line" get bitchy when they have cover for you when you're not available for 20-25 minutes and i then have to deal with the whole mess..

same thing for smokers...why does it take 20 minutes to smoke a cigarette, and why does it always require 2 or more people to go at the same time?

no personal stuff on work computers...end of discussion where i work
Ooosh! We seem to be getting into a few hornet's nests. It would be more fun talking about quilts. Let's wave the white flag and get on with it.