Thread: Fabric Prices
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Honey

From what I have read, it is going up because we are raising the tariffs quite a bit on imports. So this will affect everyone. She said that even those who sell for less will have to raise their prices, to cover the cost of their purchases. This will affect all cotton fabric, no matter where you get it. I have already seen some increases on line and I was in Joanns a couple of weeks ago and they had $12.99 on some of their batiks. That's $4 more a yard than my lqs charges. She has done everything she can to keep her prices down, but when she has to pay more, so do we. She still has all of her fabrics at $8.99 a yard. I sure hope that this doesn't push her out of business. 1)it is bad for the economy of out town because she has been in a stable business for 20 years and 2) she is the only game in town. But that is not the only thing going up. I went grocery shopping today, bought the same stuff I buy every month and almost went into cardiac arrest when I say the total. Granted, out youngest son has moved back home, but that shouldm't have raised my grocery bill $250. for the month. I'm just afraid all of this is going to come tumbling down and when it does it will land on us average Joe's again.