Old 05-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
I like the idea of personalizing the quilt, great idea!

Gee, when paper piecing, it can take me 30 minutes to peel the paper off some of these blocks! I'm at a 2 hours average, start to finish per block, some take longer, only the very simple ones take a little less...and then I iron and iron and iron and trim. At this rate it would me three months just to piece the blocks on a full time basis. Then all the finishing...I do really like these blocks, I know I am going to love this quilt. It just may be hung on the wall when its done! :)
I've got a very good pair of tweezers to get at the stubborn bits of paper. I iron as I go in the construction, so when the paper is off, most of the seams are set, then it's a quick press on the back, a smooth on the front, and a good squirt of Best Press to firm things up a little before trimming to size.

I don't have a wall big enough the hang this quilt .... well that's not quite true, I have one, but it's in the gloomiest part of my hallway. Good for not getting faded, but not so good for looking and enjoying. No, I am determined to sleep under my baby, at least for a while. I will alternate it with my snowflake quilt (my avatar) so that I get a change every so often.