View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Elisabrat

The most damage done to furniture is by back claws. Jeans, zippers, buttons you name it you are personally wearing might cause more. I have had leather. A few scratches were worth having what I wanted and also keeping the cats. If they are cats not kittens the odds of it retaining a better look go up a mile. Kittens have to climb to the top, cats jump. only scratches I see are when they are burning rubber to get away (ie big old mean dog walks in..). Its like children. You have them because you WANT them. A cat can destroy a regular couch as well as a leather one. A kid can destroy your couch regardless of what it is too.. its whats more important to you? I wanted both, had both accepted I was not having a showroom house but a good house regardless and it was fine. If someone wont like your home because you have three scratches down the side then they wont like it anyways. Sorry, very opinionated. If you want them never to get on the couch there are products to stop that and if they scratch corners? corner guards avail also a product that you can spray on your sofa and keep them away too.. just means no lap kitties on that couch period. Cant have both.