Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Belles.hold

Originally Posted by Minda
It seems like we have a lot of members who have had unhappy experiences with a quilt guild, so I thought maybe some of us who belong to groups could make suggestions on how to make new people feel welcome.) :thumbup: :D
I find it very sad that so many Quilting Board members have had such unhappy experiences with Quilting Guilds. Especially since my experience has (for the past 12 years) been WONDERFUL!! I belong to a Guild headquartered in Western Springs. SCQG has 250 members and ALWAYS a long waiting list. I've been chair of many, many committees and this upcoming Guild year I will be Membership Chair. I estimate that I know 225 of the members by name or sight. Because I would like to know all of them, I am suggesting that our members directory add a small photo of the member next to her name and address. (Wish me luck pushing that through the board - it will increase the cost considerably.) So many of the suggestions listed on the Quilting Board are good for joining and staying in a Guild, but I'd like to offer one more - head or join a committee. This is a perfect way to meet and get to know other members - and tell me - who is nicer than a quilter? Belles