Old 05-02-2010, 03:15 AM
patricej
Administrator

this one isn't "officially" a flower block but it reminds me of a flower.

it finishes to 10". if you want a 12" block, just add a 1" border to each side.

http://quilterscache.com/C/CatsintheCornersBlock.html

for those who don't care to paper piece, try cutting out the pieces, trace around them to add seam allowances, and use those for templates.

i had posted a templates file but just looked more closely at the instructions page. this block is not in the public domain so i can't legally "copy" it and distribute the templates. sorry for the mixup.

NOTE: dannypanny reported problems getting Template A to print to proper size. that template appears to be defective. unless you are a printing whiz, you could waste a lot of time and paper trying to get it to print to proper size.

a much easier solution is to not use Template A. instead, print extra copies of Template B. Add 1 inch to each end of the template for the side pieces.

another solution is to make extra copies of Template B. use the short side as-is for all four sides. to get the top and bottom to size, stitch extra pieces to each end. after you assemble the block, trim off the excess.

i'm sorry. this is my fault. i didn't take the time to test the templates before i posted the selection. my apologies.