View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by dreamdanzzer
I have 4 tops waiting for borders, 2 waiting for backing/quilting and two tops in progress. I don't usually complete the whole quilt - I complete the top and then give that away or sell it on e-bay to cover costs of my materials. I'm not sure I can consider myself a true "quilter" since I rarely complete them. I spend my days conducting forensic interviews of sexually and physically abused kids which leaves me with a head filled with horrible images - so I come home and put pieces of quilts together as therapy. I tried other hobbies but none of them required the concentration cutting and sewing all those pieces together does - so, for awhile I can ignore the pictures in my head or at least until I try to sleep. My goal for 2008 is to learn some FM quilting so I've been practicing that........maybe I'll even complete a full quilt and move onto "quilter" status. :)
oooh dreamdanzzer what a job to have. Yes I too would need a good stress reliever hobby to get my mind of the day's events too. I too find that quilting is my best stress reliever. My mind is constantly engrossed on my projects I'm working on and forever imagining what projects to add to the ever increasing WIP pile!!!