Thread: Fabric Prices
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:17 PM
garysgal

I want to add this even tho I already replied.(blush)One of the fabric stores in town has a back room that you can shop in and it is piled high with bolts and bolts of fabric. And more is coming in. It seems to be the same at all the stores I visit. What I think would be a good idea is to stop buying all the new stuff and sell what they have, and then start buying again. I know this would mean that we wouldn't be able to have access to all the newest fabrics, but it seems so wasteful to me anyway, that the LQS keep adding to their fabrics when they aren't moving as much as they use to. In the smaller town closer to me, I know the fabric store owner and she says she is trying not to buy so much because fabric is just not moving. The drug store I shop at has a craft & fabric dept. and they sell a lot of fabric but have noticed a definate slowdown. We also have a "free store" in town and there are a lot of beautiful shirts and dresses and skirts that have a lot of fabric in them. Several of us quilters go there to see if we can find nice fabric.