Old 05-02-2010, 03:39 PM
DeniseB

My son's girlfriend is a lovely girl and very crafty. She has seen all the great things I have made and now wants to quilt. I am doing a happy dance...... I can share my stash with her and teach her this beautiful art.

Last night she went through several pattern books I thought would be good for her to start with. she found several patterns she picked one for her first. I told her to go through the 25 tubs of fabric I have and pick what she wanted to use. If she picked something I didn't want to share I would let her know. She found everything she needed except the backing and we started the ironing and cutting process. She took to it great, she wasn't afraid of the rotary cutter, but she was very careful and paid attention. We cut 288 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" rectangles of the assorted color fabrics and the 96 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangle and 288 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" squares of the tan fabric. We went over the directions and I sent her home to play. She'll be back to visit in two weeks I can't wait to see how she does.

Just wanted to share.