Old 05-02-2010, 06:32 PM
2wheelwoman

I love my doctor. He listens to me, and I listen to him and follow his advice, because we have a trust relationship. He is my physician, but also prescribes my bi-polar meds, so its important to me that he not only knows his drugs, but that he knows me and what kind of impact the drugs are having on me. I've had some really bad psych docs in the past, and they're the ones who typically prescribe the meds, and they only talk to you for about 10 minutes 4 times a year, and can't remember you from session to session. Trust them? I don't think so! I talked to my physician and asked if he could do the prescribing for me, and we agreed on how to go about it. He sees me more often, and certainly LISTENS to what I have to say, unlike the high-and-mighty psychiatrists, whose job is to push the latest pills. So, yes, my current doc is a real keeper, and I follow his advice. That's not to say that I don't do research on my own, because I do, and then discuss it with him. He doesn't mind at all, and seems to like a pro-active patient who is involved in their own care.