Thread: Fabric Prices
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 10:56 PM
aussiequilter

Originally Posted by Gilla
Have you ever seen prices going down? Locally banana prices were raised 12¢when gas prices went up and shipping was expensive. Signs all over "we must adjust for shipping." When gas came down, the price of the bananas came down by 2¢, i.e. the price went up by 10 cents and stayed up. Our local grocery chain is flooded with bananas all over the store, but the price is still up. I am not singling out bananas, but that price raise was so obvious. This happens with many items - first an excuse to raise the price, and then keep it there.
Hi, Gilla.

Obviously, the world has gone mad.

I have just been shopping and our local greengrocer first tried to sell me eight perfect bananas for $1. Then, having explained I couldn't use them all as there are only two of us, at the end of adding up all my fruit and veg. he said I could have them for free - no doubt because they are fine today but by the time he sells them all some won't look nice enough for people to want to buy.

Now what am I going to do? You can't quilt with bananas. I wish I could send them to you.