View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
dreamdanzzer

When I was pregnant with each of my children (now 33, 28, 26 and 19) I started writing journals to each of them - talking about what it was like to be pg with them, my hopes for their futures. I have kept those up over the years. I gave them their journals on their 13th, 16th, 18th birthdays and then as they reached 25 and 30. Many of them were filled with poetry that I had written to them ~ I am now taking those poems, their birth announcements, which I designed & wrote, confirmation, hs & college graduation and bits & pieces of clothing and blankets they loved and making each of them a quilt which depicts, in pictures and poetry their growing up years. I am already saving these kinds of things for my grandbabies and keeping journals for them so they, too, will have all their childhood memories made into a quilt one day. I figure it will take me about a year or more per quilt/per kid cuz I spend half the time re-reading all the things I dreamed for them, running my hands over the clothes and remembering what they were doing when they wore them & crying over all the memories! :D