View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:58 AM
clem55

Doesn"t it really make you mad to hear"you're not my mother" I told my guy that he wasn"T my dad either, but it was my job to see that he celebrated on Father's day. Also told him his mom wasn'T my mom, but I was the one who picked out her card and gift and saw to it they were shipped on time. AND, that he was the one responsible for making me a MOM!! Sometimes they are so insensitive!! Then they do something nice and we forget until the next year.LOL For years my birthfay was never important either,it is in Jan. so the kids were always broke. I heard that many times until one year when I said, "if there aren't presents for my birthday, there won't be anymore for the rest of you." Needless to say, I had presents!! Actually, now that all my kids are older and working, they remember me very well. I always told them, when they were little, just make me a card or color me a picture, I don't need presents. And I must say, I ALWAYS have the sweetest, more tear-jerking cards, from all of them, on every birthday and Mother's day. The past four years, they all chip in and buy me planting flowers and then do the planting too. The girls bring potluck and we all enjoy a meal together, and I don't have to do anything. Having them and my grandchildren with me is all I really want and need to make any day special.