Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 PM
quilterguy27

I really hate to disagree, but I've come across more rude quilters than I care to admit. In my quest to find a guild to join I've had people be rude and inconsiderate towards me. I've had them be rude TO MY FACE. As you can imagine I didn't join any of these guilds. As a matter of fact, I am not a member of any guild. I am only a member of a couple of online virtual groups like this one. I've had people offer to go to bat for me, but I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. It's there loss, not mine.
Originally Posted by shequilts
'Just have to add my two cents worth here. There are no rude quilters. Quilters quilt to change their attitudes, and it works! We're all wonderful, mild mannered fabric fondlers.
I suspect the lady (sic) you encountered had been dispatched to run an errand she didn't want to do, so she let her hateful nature show. Bully for you for being a lady and letting it go. As I said before...Quilters quilt to change their attitudes so she can't be a quilter!

P.S.
'Sorry your shopping expedition was a dissappointment, but share with us anyway. We love to see new toys!