View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Dawnfire

Good morning everyone!

I'm new to quilting, but not the quilting world. My Mum has quilted since before I was born, and since I started quilting last year I've realised how much she taught me without meaning to.

I'm relatively young (35) compared to most I have met and find that I'm still making my way to my own 'style' when it comes to quilting. I started with traditional piecing, applique and now I'm looking at using different mediums such as fabric paint and paintstiks to add dimension. I love free motion quilting and was lucky enough to do a day class with Helen Godden (the Aussie contingent of three sisters quilter).

I really just want to meet other quilters, maybe be part of an exchange, but I really want to make friends. I'm an Army wife and often move around so it is hard to make permanent friends. I love the freedom the internet has given me and feel this is the best place as even if I move, I can take you all with me.

I am a mother of four children, and I am studying a double degree by correspondence. Primary school teaching with a major in English Lit and minor in Sociology. I was a scrapbooker for ten years and moved to the dark side about 18 months ago. I can cuddle a quilt, I can't cuddle an album.

I have four cats (Mr Mrrow, Gary, Frank the Tank and Peni) and Charley the chihuahua puppy.

Dawnfire aka Kyliejean