Thread: Janome Horizon
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Honchey

Hi All, was at a demo on Saturday and it is everything and more. It runs very quiet. It has a storage area on top which is nice. My old singer 6268 has that feature. It has dual led lights under the harp which is enormous and I think a led light right in the needle area. the needle threader locks down so you can thread the needle without it popping back up,after placing the thread in proper places you then release it and "Voila" it's threaded. There are markings on both sides of the needle plate and on the right side the markings extend onto the bed of the machine. You can place a large dinner plate w/utensils on the bed it is so long. There is a computerized display and there is now a rotary knob that you can use to scroll thru the blocks of stitches if you don't want to use the touch screen. There isn't a separate bobbin winder motor. I was told the msrp is $3000 and can be discounted for $2498. I found out too late today that there was a special that ended today for $1999. There are some other features, cut thread, The needleplate has a straight stitch hole as well as a slot so you don't have to change the needlplate when you specifically need one. I can't remember anything else except to say that I want one! Anne