Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
granny216

The nowmen blocks are beautiful. Mine have a little more work on them before I can send them in. I didn't know if I should post a picture of one or not. I have 6 snowman heads and 6 snow women heads...all the kids love them and can't believe I'm sending them off. I tell them what comes in are mine to keep and not going to be one of their gifts. I love snowmen/women and have made at least 4 queen size quilts and they went to the kids as gifts as they know how I feel about snowmen and they will cherish them. They get a lot of compliments from them when someone hasn't seen them before. Every one of them was a true gift from the heart as my blocks will be for the lucky receivers.
Originally Posted by Belles
Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
Originally Posted by jeanettegoodall
I put my blocks in the mail today. Now i can move on to my next project...paper pieced frogs for my grandson's quilt
I would love to see pictures ... anyway you all could share the photos or are you all not doing that until folks receive their blocks?
CraftsbyRobin, I finished one block for the Snowman or woman or children or family swap. For two years I was BOM for my guild and one year I had calendar blocks for the year. This Snowoman was for January. However, the guild blocks were 10-inches finished. Since our swap is for 12-inches finished, I had to figure a way to introduce another 2 inches, plus seam allowance. I came up with an attic window setting. She is Snowy Quilter, rushing to turn in her last block for the swap. I see her through my sewing room window. I hope my block gives you some ideas. Belles