Old 05-23-2008, 03:53 AM
babeegirl
Banned

Kathy, it's for one of my best friends in the world. He's color blind, so I thought this variation would be visually pleasing in the blacks/whites. Plus, he's a Crown Royal nut, not to mention a salty ol' Navy guy. Here's a shot of the backing I was asking about in an earlier thread. It's actually a lightweight HUGE beachtowel. It fits so perfectly with his "Mr. Pervy" side that I just had to use it somehow. I plan on enlarging it to fit the quilt with the black dot fabric of the front outer border, then bind it probably in the same. You know, this quilt has been sooooo fun to do. I really had to put all of my personal preferences aside and try to capture the persona of someone else, and with it being a guy, that wasn't easy :D Especially this guy, he's QUITE a character! I started about 5 different patterns at first, but I knew within a block or two, they just weren't right. Then, I tried this one and it not only "talked" to me, it screamed at me "what took you so long"! I love it when the pattern and the fabric just tell you somehow that it right. I'm trying to have it done by July 1st so I can personally take it to him when I go to Idaho for the holiday week.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47008.jpe