Thread: 1st quilt !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:34 AM
renee765

Well, I think your quilt is beautiful, especially for a first quilt. My first quilt was not nearly as good looking as yours. Welcome to the wonderful world of quilters, and know that we can all empathize with giving someone one of our quilts that we put so much love into, only to see their reaction be less than enthusiastic. Please don't let this discourage you. Non-quilters just don't have an appreciation for all the work that goes into beautiful quilts like yours. I started making my quilts only for myself as I wasn't getting the reactions I wanted either. Now, people come into my house, see my quilts 'decorating' my house, and are starting to ask for them. It doesn't hurt to be just a bit stingy at first and keep some for yourself.

Editted to add: I forgot to mention - ALWAYS post a picture of your new quilts on this board. You will get a lot of appreciation from this group. As a matter of fact, when I finish a quilt now, the first thing I think about is posting a picture. All the quilters here are so great at giving positive reinforcement.