Thread: March Quilts
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Pam

I LOVE doing bindings!
It means I have almost finished a loving piece of me through fabric. I love to sit with a quilt on my lap, with it covering me, keeping me warm. I hand stitch the binding on the back and am so proud of my work. It's far from perfect but it is what I love to do. I was frightened of binding at first, but I made little quiltlets out of two layers of muslin with batting in between, made the double layered bindings out of muslin and did several so I would have the practice instead of only doing one each time I finished a quilt. I keep one sample binded mini quilt with me to remind me of "how" and there is no more fear! I actually go into this really calm time, filled with love and peace. Don't bring fear/tension/stiffness/ to a delightful part of quilting and you. Nothing about quilting is terrible! We are all blessed to do it![/quote]

I know, right? Bindings are like the cherry on top of the banana split! The perfect finishing touch. I am deathly allergic to bananas, and ice cream, so I do quilts instead. Cherry anyone?