Thread: In the closet??
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM
sahm4605

I am working out of a hall closet.I keep my fabric in bags. But what I would really like to do one day is have my fabric on shelves. there is a post in the tutorial section that has you putting fabric on boards much like a quilt shop. I would do this and place them on book shelves or built in shelves. you can get those attach to wall metal shelving units and use wood boards instead of the wire mess shelves. my parents house has a room that would make a perfect sewing room. It has a closet that is about 12x17. it is the size of my sons bedroom. those closet systems that you can piece together or buy as a kit are great because they have the shelves and the shelf holders. If you attach to the wall make sure that you use some heavy duty wall anchors.That way the weight of the fabric wont pull the screws from the walls. Hope this helps. and for the scraps get the tote bins that are small and use them also. They also have wire mesh cubes that are open on one end and you connect them into massive block walls. this could be used as dividing walls to store the fabric in if you get that much. or you can use them against the walls as a shelving unit you can move around. it is all about how versatile you want it and how permanent you want the organization to be.