Thread: Gypsy Gripper
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Lisa

I was looking at the link about Aunt Becky's tool and went to the web site attached to look it, I didn't know what it was. Anyhow, I have found a few must have gadgets that I about to purchase, but while I was looking I saw the Gypsy Gripper. This is a large handle with suction cups at both ends that you attach to your long rulers to keep them from shifting while you cut. It's a great tool, I have one, in fact the last quilt show I went to my mom was unable to come so I bought both of us one, it was my splurdge of the quilt show...19.95 each! Well since it was a quilt show and I know I usually over spend I was fairly ok with that, a new gadget right? Yeah!...Well, since I was in town I went and did some other shopping after that. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and dang it, grrrrr! They had the exact, yes exact same thing, same size, different color and called something else but other than color and name, the exact same thing for 12.99 each. They advertise theirs for sticking on the side of the bathtub so you can have a handle to get in and out of the tub. Well, if it can do that, it can hold a ruler in place for you....so....if your in the market for one, get it at Bed, Bath and Beyond! (sorry I ramble so much!) :mrgreen: