View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 AM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by nwm50
Holey Moley, it's so gorgeouos! What a sweetie pie to share your time & pattern with us. I would love to try this asap as i get my confidence in sewing as i am an beginner. Someone had email me with an pattern to try (rail fence) but i haven't gotten to it yet but did get some materials for it. Thanks again for sharing! :D :D :D :thumbup:
Thank you soooo much nwm50!!! Welcome to the quilting world!!! How fun it is! This would be a great quilt to start on as it's "put every block where you feel" kind of quilt, a great thing for newbies. But triangles can be tricky!! Don't do like me and go on memory for your cutting size and cut a whole bunch 1/2" larger than they should have been. They turned out a little wonky to say the least after cutting them down to size and cutting off the points!! lol. hahaha. Maybe only a few people noticed :oops: ! It's a scrap quilt and you can't mess it up!!! I share my techniques because some people want to make it and others wondered how I did it. I just wanted to show how easy it really is and after you get some of the beginning blocks on the design wall, it just starts looking so exciting that you just can't wait to do some more blocks to see how it's going to go! It really is that much fun!! After you do a few blocks, post some pics of your blocks for us to see. We all love pictures!! :-D :-D :-D