View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
debbieumphress

Momto 4..Walmart machines are nice too. I started on one and still use one so I don't have to change out my walking feet. And you can get a walking foot for it too. Read your maual and check. Joann's has several. I have at least 40+ quilt tops I machine quilted and 12 that I hand quilted. I send the ones for machine quilting to be done by friends and pay 45.00 per top. However, I am a handquilter and I do all my own. Word got out so I get called to handquilt for people all the time and I do. I charge according to how big, the amount of stitching I need to do to make it beautiful..and then I consider who it is for. My seniors cannot afford a lot and the young ones with kids can't. You do what you can and when you can. You can take an online machine quilting lesson and there is a good book for it to. Sorry this is so long. Take a smaller quilt and try to machine quilt it. You do not have to have a walking foot. Years ago we did with what we had. Now they want us to spend more money. Happy quilting