View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:56 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi, thanks for the reply. I had thought maybe I should wash before using the stabilizer. I bought the iron-on stabilizer at a quilting shop. It is a temporarily stabilizer for fabric to feed through an ink-jet printer. You press material on stabilizer sheet then remove after processing picture and can use several times. This will probably do about the same as freezer paper for making material go through the printer. We now have a new printer but the old one we had would not take the freezer paper and material. So will have to see how this works. Thanks again.
I have just been to a quilt fair here and did a workshop on printing on fabric and they said if your sheets wont go through your printer with the freezer paper on get masking tape on the leading edge by sticking it on half on the paper and half of and then folding over to the other side and sticking it down and then feeding that end through your printer. They also said only handwash your quilts in dishwashing liquid. HOpe this info helps someone.