View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Judie

Thanks everyone for all the discussion.. Weight loss is such a big deal in our lives and there is never an easy answer. I have wondered about these surgeries for some time and have never had so much information about them from people who have been down that road. No matter what you do it's a hard. Being fat is hard, losing is hard. I did my own "no white" program, (you know, no flour, sugar, bread, potato, pasta, rice, etc.).. that wasn't easy either.. Seems like it should be, but it wasn't. I lost.. Kept it off for some time, and now I'm up 20 pounds since my DH retired and here I am facing it again. Let me clear that up.. I'm not just 20 pounds overweight, I'm up 20 pounds from where I was. I know you all understand the difference.. 20 pounds is nothing compared to what we're talking about! It is just never easy. Thanks to everyone for the candid and honest replies. It was good for me to read. I've come to the realization that no what you do it must be the focus of your life all the time. Good luck Jerri in your pursuit of health and being a smaller person.