View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:21 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by dljennings
Originally Posted by sewgull
Clean sewing room. I was gone for 3 days, and came home to a well organized sewing room. My son-in-law had gone and done a wonderful job. He has lots more patience than me. I just go stand at the door and thank God He give my daughter a great husband. He is the son we don't have. No he is not up for trade.
i have the daughter in law to match...she uses my studio as much as i do, and she likes to clean...she doesn't touch my stash without asking, and loves to keep it all swept up & everything (rulers, cutters etc) put away...so after i make a mess, she picks it up...but leaves whatever i was working on alone on my table...

i am blessed & she's not up for trade either...in fact we tell our son that if they ever, god forbid, split up, we're keeping her!
I also have a wonderful daughter in law. Between the two of us (when our daughters are not with us) we call her daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a gem. AND, I just gave her an vintage Singer. She was visiting me, went with me to my quilt guild and got really turned on to quilting. She has never sewn before but now she sneaks in time when the kiddos are napping.

PS: I am in the process of 'trying to consolidate my sewing stuff(which is ALL over our home) into one sewing room and maybe a cupboard or two here and there. :roll: :roll: