Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i LOVE quilting with dream poly...it has a wonderful drape, is strong, does not pull apart easily. the bamboo's are a little contraversial, some people say they are ecologically more friendly, some people claim the opposite, to work with them though...they are nice, and the quilt i used a bamboo batt in was for a child and has held up well so far with lots of wear & tear and washings. there is also
green batt...made from recycled plastic bottles...supposed to be the same material as micro-fleece...which is very warm...easy to quilt also (only downfall i know of is...its green) but by all means my new (i also used w&n for years) is wool batting...OMG!!! it is wonderful to work with, lofty, needles beautifully...only downfall...price. it is a bit of the high end...but for kids quilts, any quilts i expect to be used and washed alot...the poly's are the way to go, they are less expensive, hold up well. but as with everything not all are created equal. the poly's do not 'breath' like a natural fiber, like cotton or wool, i don't know about the bamboo...the jury is still out on that one...