Thread: NO WAY! *vent*
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Charlee

No way is the sewing machine repair guy in this town EVER going to touch one of my babies!! This guy is an idiot, that tries, after I've told him what I want, to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about and don't know what I need! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

I went in there today to see if he had any Singer Motor Lube for this 201-2 of mine with the "potted motor". He proceeded to tell me that Singer doesn't make or market a motor lube! (I know better!) and then tells me to just use sewing machine OIL on it!! (again, I KNOW better!) :evil: And this man wants me to trust him with my machines when they need tuned up or repaired!!

He has a couple of old machines in the shop for sale....a treadle, and I can't recall the name on it, but it's nice...he wants $300 for. The other is a Singer. When I asked him what the model was, he told me that Singer didn't have model numbers, they had serial numbers. I can't recall the last 3 numbers, but it's an AG 638*** so it's either a 17, 19, or 114. Allotted 1946, and only 300 of each model made that year. He wants $150 for it...and I'd be tempted to give it to him just to get it away from him if I had the money!