View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:04 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am rewashing everything seperately so let's see what happens. Fingers crossed.
The first time was a tired mistake. If you threw everything in together this time, it would definitely be a booby prize event! :)
Just read the last few posts. I meant to say "if you, once again, threw everything into the washer again....."

About a week ago, I posted that I'm reaching some ladies at work how to quilt. One of my first lessons was how to do it SAFELY! Reading these posts, I'm certainly on the right track.

In fact, true story... to save money, they all bought the beginner set by Fiskars... mat, ruler, rotary cutter. For safety reasons, I prefer the rotary cutters that are self-closing when you put them down, releasing the lever.

To demonstrate the difference between the two cutters, I asked to hold one of the cutters from the kit. Sure enough, thankfully before I opened the cutter, it went flying out of my hands, bouncing across the table. (Beware! the cutter in the kit is very smooth and is hard to grip tightly.) If I'd planned it, I couldn't have given a better lesson!!

Is there a doctor in the house? Sounds like we need one, now and then!! :roll: