Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 AM
cjaye44

Hello again,
This is getting to be an obsession...lol. I was running some errands this morning and went past a thrift shop I had never been to before. I found 2 machines that needed a new home. I want to practice on them. One was a Kenmore in a cabinet 158.342 that dates to 1963, not too old but a year older than my son. The other was an Emerson which I can't find anything on. The serial # is A106531. A Singer clone?? The badge says Deluxe, "the machine that satisfies" and made in Japan. On the top of the head it says Emerson Sewing Machine Company. And the foot control is pink which may or may not be original. It runs like a racehorse but is noisy..so definitely needs cleaning and oiling. I got a real deal of only 20 for both of them.
BYW, would you happen to know anyone in the Pensacola area who is familiar with vintage machines? I've been cleaning my 15-91 but now I don't remember how to put back the motor and light assembly. Also, I would like someone to take a look at the motor itself. Electrical stuff scares me silly! Can you tell you are dealing with a technical newbie lol
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47674.jpe