View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 AM
LovinMySoldier

Originally Posted by janice4
Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
If she is crawling out of her crib your daughter might be careful with the new railing. Instead of keeping her in at night it will just give her a higher fall when she climbs over the rail... My little boy is 3 and we had a railing on his toddler bed when he was almost 2. He managed to climb up and over and crashed onto the floor. We decided that the one foot fall was a better alternative than the up over the top of the railing, on to his head fall. It's a cute railing though. I hope it works out for her :)
If you look at the Rail .. you can see it is fabric ... not solid , besides she can climb out the back of the toddler bed.. it is designed to just lessen her desire to want to climb right out of the bed.. and make mom feel better at night. IF she tries to CLIMB over the rail.. it is soft.. won't matter. iT is not on her crib this is for her toddler bed that they will start putting her in as soon as this item arrives in mail.. the crib then will be moved out for the new baby :) arriving in a few weeks. they decided to put her into toddler bed as it seemed it was a matter of time before she climbed out and over the crib which is a mUCH further fall.

Toddler beds are only less than one foot off the ground ......did you have a solid rail ? they usually have a rail that doesn't go the whole length of the bed.. .. your son should have been able to climb out the back.
Ok for starters. I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or insult your rail. But that seems to be the tone your message. Yes I did realize that it was soft. And yes I did look at the picture before I even said anything. And yes I realized that it was for a toddler bed NOT a crib. But you also said that it would be pulled taunt so that there wouldn't be any chance that she could go out the bottom. My son's bed has a high head board and a high foot board so NO he couldn't climb over the back of it (It's a convertible crib set up as the toddler bed) I was just saying that she could flip over the fabric (yes even soft fabric when pulled tight) and still land on the floor having a bigger fall. If it is loose enough for her to just crawl right over then it seems like it is loose enough for her to also roll under and out of bed at night. I was just voicing an opinion. I did not mean to offend you and your project. I'm sure it will work fine. And this is what my son's bed looks like and why he could NOT climb out the back. (After reading your more recent posts I realize she is in just a regular toddler bed not a converter bed)

http://www.convertiblecribs.com/DaVi...1F-DV1610.html